COVID-19 Safety at Speech Matters
Speech Matters prioritizes the health and safety of all of our clients and staff. We are constantly monitoring and adapting to the latest guidelines set forth by the CDC. Below is our current policy and measures we are taking for all in office visits.
PPE and Infectious Disease Control Policy at Speech Matters
Masks must be worn by both clinicians and clients at all times. Gloves must be worn by the clinician if circumstances require direct contact with a client.
Frequent and thorough hand washing is promoted before and after each individual session. If soap and running water are not immediately available, alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol may be used.
Clinicians and clients are encouraged to stay home if they are sick.
Respiratory etiquette is encouraged, including covering coughs
Clients and the public will be provided with tissues and trash receptacles.
Clients and clinicians are discouraged from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
Regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment, will be maintained before and after each session. Cleaning chemicals will be used that have Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved disinfectant labels with claims against emerging viral pathogens. Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 based on data for harder to kill viruses.
Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
The Speech Matters office is taking the following precautions to protect our patients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
• Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy/testing rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
• My staff and I wear masks.
• My staff maintains safe distancing.
• Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
• Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
• Physical contact is not permitted.
• Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
• Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
We are also still offering virtual speech therapy if you prefer to continue your therapy at home.
Please contact us for in office availability.